Hooked-on-Phonics is a top-ranked educational toy that teaches children reading, writing, and math. These skills are taught in a fun way using games, books, and CDs. The focus is on the child having fun and enjoying learning. This program is designed by age group, with the youngest grouping from 3 to 5 year-olds. Secondly, the next group is for 4 to 8 year-olds and the last from 8 to 12-year-olds. In addition, they also offer in between programs that are available for all different ages.
The products are designed to challenge and motivate children by using stickers to mark their progress. Games are used to equip children with basic skills and challenges them to prepare them for the next phase. In addition to that, there are videos and CD’s to help them match together pictures with words to teach them to read along in the books provided. The following are some different products that are offered:
Educational Toy Products
- The Hooked-on-Math program makes it fun and challenging for them while they learn. The program instructs children in basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using single and double digits.
- Hooked-on-Division is an elevated math program. It teaches children in a fun way to conquer more complex division problems.
- Younger children enjoy the Color Super Activity Kit. It’s a great tool for teaching them their colors. Kids love the bright colors and enjoy learning how to match them with others to create things.
- There’s a Kindergarten Starter Kit that gives 4 and 5-year-olds a jump start on their reading skills. The kit contains flashcards, workbooks, CD’s, and storybooks for them to learn to read. Because of that, children are always excited when they start to learn to read aloud.
- A good way to get a pre-schooler excited about going to school is with the Pre-K Kit. Therefore, this helps them overcome any fears about starting school and teaches them it can be fun to learn new things.
- The Master Reader Kit is for older children who are more advanced. It introduces them to comprehend what they read at a faster rate. It explains to children how to break down and sound out large words.
Child Development Using Educational Toys
Besides the obvious benefits of children learning the fundamental skills needed in school, they also learn how to think for themselves and make their own choices. Therefore, children’s communication skills are enhanced along with their organizational abilities which are helpful for every area of their lives. The Hooked-on-Phonics products are educational toys designed to give children a head start in life and learning. For more information on how an educational toy can bring the entire family together see our previous post, Educational Toys Recruit Entire Family for Child Development.